Top Beauty Tips For The Perfect Lipstick This Spring
There's something LIPtastic about changing your lip color seasonally! And with Spring in the air, why not try a new lipstick color for Spring! Yeah, I know finding the perfect lipstick can be a daunting task, but no worries, as I will share these top beauty tips for the perfect lipstick this Spring!
Beauty Tips For The Perfect Lipstick This Spring
Determine Your Skins Undertone
First up to perfect your lipstick application is selecting the perfect pout color. A few things determine this, from your skin's undertone to the color of your teeth. Yeah, you probably think, ok Courtney, that sounds great and dandy, but what if I do not know my skin's undertone? Well, no worries, as I am here to help.
First, I would like to point out that your skin tone and undertone are different. So a simple tip to remember is that your skin tone (fair, medium, dark, deep) is the depth of the skin and can change over the seasons, but undertones that reflect the base of your skin (warm, cool, neutral) remain the same even if you have a tan.
The Color Of Your Veins Can Help You Determine Your Undertone
To determine whether you have a warm, cool or neutral undertone, flip your arm over and look at the veins on the inside of your wrist, as the color of your veins will help you determine your undertone.
- Warm Undertones: Your veins appear to be green
- Cool Undertone: You see hints of red, blue, or purple
- Neutral Undertone: You fall into the neutral category if there’s a mixture of both warm and cool hues
The Color Of Your Jewelry Can Help You To Determine Your Undertone
Another tip that not everyone is aware of is to place a piece of silver and gold jewelry up against your skin. If silver looks more flattering, you’re most likely a cool undertone. If gold looks better on you, you’re more inclined to have a warm undertone.
Which Color Of Lipstick Best Fits My Undertone
Now that you understand how to determine your undertone, you need to know which lipstick color will complement that tone.
- Lipstick Color for Cool Skin Tones: Blue and purple undertones.
- Lipstick Color for Warm Skin Tones: Fiery reds and oranges pop beautifully, like copper golds.
- Lipstick Color for Neutral Skin Tones: Try pink hues for fair skin, mauve shades for medium skin, and berry colors for deep skin.
Lipstick Can Make Your Teeth Appear Yellow
In addition to your undertones, you want to consider which colors will positively flatter your teeth. And believe it or not, some colors can make your teeth appear less flattering.
As you may have noticed from the title of yellow teeth, even if the undertone is on point, the color of your teeth can play a part in how lipstick will emphasize your teeth.
- Yellow-orange colors: If your teeth are not so pearly white, this color can emphasize the yellow in your teeth.
- Brown shades: If you have some brown hues in your teeth, brown lipsticks can highlight them.
- Pale pinks: Can highlight any imperfections in your teeth.
- Dark colors: While this has nothing to do with your teeth, there can be some negativity in darker lipstick shades. Unfortunately, as we get older, we get wrinkles. These can even appear around our lips. So, in this case, you may want to avoid really dark colors when choosing a lip color. The dark colors will run into the lines.
Colors To Help Make Your Teeth Look Whiter
We'd all love that Hollywood smile, and here is a way to cheat your way to some pearly whites by choosing a shade of lipstick that can make your teeth appear whiter. And it all has to do with the color wheel. For example, blue and yellow sit across from each other on a color wheel; hence the blue tones will cancel out orange or yellow tones when put together, and vice versa.
- Blue Undertones: These lip shades can reduce any yellow tones of your teeth, making them appear whiter. For example, a blue-based red rather than an orange-based red.
- Dark Pinks: Think of a raspberry color as the darker shades of pink have blue undertones.
- Turquoise: No, the color is not literally this color to the eye, but an easy way to locate this lipstick color is to stick with a nude shade.
- Dark Purples: A dark purple is incredibly flattering for darker skin tones.
- Berry & Plum Colors: These colors reflect off your lips, helping your teeth look brighter.
Smooch Me Lip Color Collection For Spring
So now that you know what colors to pick out why not shop for your perfect Spring lipstick with my smooch me lip color collection. Check them out below.
Classic Matte Color: This velvety, hydrating matte lipstick formula goes on effortlessly, delivering long-lasting, bold, high color payoff, lasting up to 8 hours. And we have a color for every undertone, with our ten colors to choose from.
Tips To Rocking A Matte Lipstick: Hydration is key when creating a beautiful, matte lip. No matter how pigmented the lipstick may be, it will not be at its peak performance when applied to dry, chapped lips.
The perfect way to do this is with our Collagen Infused Lip Mask. This lip mask permeates quickly into the skin of your lips, providing you with the nutrients and moisture you need to hydrate those lips. You then want to pat the lips down with a tissue to absorb excess moisture. This will also prevent the texture of your matte lipstick from changing texture.
Butter Gloss Lips: You can halt your hunt for the perfect gloss, as I have four beautiful buttery soft shades. These butter glosses are ready to melt on your lips! From warm peaches to rich, deep red, there's a glossy hue made just for you. Each glossy color delivers coverage that melts onto your lips, leaving your lips soft, supple, and kissable.
Glossy lips are all the rage right now. At Giambattista Valli, the models' lips were all glossed up. Fendi models sported glossed lips on the runways, while Victoria Beckham launched her high shine lip gloss at her spring/summer 2022 presentation.
And remember while I’ve suggested some rules to follow, if you want to wear a bold fiery red shade and it doesn’t align with the rules above, go ahead and rock it!
- Courtney Dionne